Tuesday 24 January 2012

Interview with an Artist - Jennifer Ziliotto

Recently we caught up with our talented watercolour artist Jennifer Ziliotto! Read what she had to say in the second addition of our fabulous feature ‘Interview with an Artist’. Don’t forget that as part of our feature you can save a massive 30% on all Jennifer’s art now.

How would you best describe your style of art?

Fun, colourful and magical.

What is your most loved childhood memory?
One of my favourite childhood memories is when I first saw a sunflower in the back garden of a neighbour’s house. I couldn't believe that a flower could be bigger than me! I think that's why I am always painting sunflowers.

Which artist do you admire the most?
There are so many artists I admire. But to choose one I would say Van Gogh for his spirit and maybe the sunflowers?

If you could recommend just one book for everyone to read what would it be?
Hmmm another tough question …because there are so many but to narrow it down to one Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist. A great story about life.

If you could be a cartoon character for a day who would you be?
I would like to be Pippi Longstockings for a day.

What was your favourite toy as a child?
My favourite toy was my Raggedy Ann doll that my mum made for me.

What is your HAPPY SPACE?
My happy space is my garden I love it. No matter the weather it brings me joy, peace of mind and inspiration.

View Jennifer’s designs here and save 30% off her whole collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment