Wednesday 31 March 2010

Easter Project

When it comes to creative projects with a little one you have to face the fact that sometimes you’ll win and sometimes you’ll lose. Case in point: I thought Jake and I could make an Easter hat together. I bought the kit from the local supermarket and was quite looking forward to making it with him. This was the picture of what the end product should’ve looked like, as displayed on the front of the kit; cute isn’t it?!

This is what my (I mean our) hat ended up looking like:



Not bad, right? So you must be thinking that this was one of those winning projects.... WRONG! Guess how much of it Jake did........ yip, the sparkly smudges on the front of the squirrel and bunny’s egg! It was a bit grown up and fiddly for him so he very quickly lost interest and toddled off to play with his building blocks while I sat there for ages and finished my work of art! Anyway, I had fun and Jake enjoyed wearing the hat when I was finished (see below) so I guess it wasn’t a total loss! Next project – egg decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment