Friday 11 November 2011

A Great Big Happy Welcome to our New Artist

We would like to extend a very warm welcome to our newest artist, Lucy Monkman.

Lucy hails from lovely Yorkshire and her work largely involves line drawing and collage. Lucy has created a beautiful counting design especially for Happy Spaces and can be seen and purchased here. It is jam packed full of gorgeous things to look at and is certainly a statement piece - so go on have a look, we think it's pretty special!

Here Lucy tells us how she got started designing for children and who helps create her special designs:

"From childhood I have always loved drawing animals. This has increasingly led me to work on more projects for children. When I had my own children I really enjoyed creating images for them. From the artwork that I did for them I received commissions for the nurseries and bedrooms of other boys and girls. Now whenever I draw or collage a new animal I always ask my children if they can tell what it is and they are generally very patient in telling me the answer. They can also be quite diplomatic when a rabbit looks too like a mouse."

No comments:

Post a Comment