Tuesday 23 November 2010

The Library is a definite Happy Space!

I have recently started taking my 3 year old son, Jake, to the library and what a revelation it has been! Gone are the days from my childhood when libraries were old, boring, stuffy places. Today’s libraries are brilliant for kids – lovely big spaces filled with loads of gorgeous, colourful books and things for them to climb on or through or just to sit on and page through the books. There’s also no ‘quiet’ rule which is important for any mum of a ‘spirited’ little boy or girl!

You are able to take out a staggering 24 books at a time and on our first visit I think Jake was amazed at my generosity of allowing him to get so many books. I did have quite a few talks with him after that about the fact that we were just borrowing the books as I thought we may have issues when returning the books but much to my surprise (and relief!) there were no issues and he was so excited again at getting more new books to enjoy for a fortnight.

I was thrilled to find 2 very special books on our last visit by 2 of our lovely artists, Caroline Jayne Church and Alison Jay - such gorgeous illustrations and lovely happy stories.



I can definitely say that the library is well worth a visit with any child who is mad about books and what’s so great for any parent is that it’s all free!!

Visit HappySpaces.co.uk to see the fabulous designs in our collection by artists Caroline Jayne Church and Alison Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment